Ingredient solutions to support the wellbeing of animals
When you picture your family, is your pet included? According to a recent Canadian Pet Market Outlook 2014 report, eighty six percent of dog owners and eighty nine percent of cat owners consider their pets to be part of the family. Since pet owners are trying to eat more healthfully, and get their nutrition from foods rather than supplements, they are more likely to purchase nutritionally enhanced foods and beverages for their pets. With consumer demand becoming increasingly dynamic and the humanization of pets propelling innovation, formulators of pet food and treats have to consider health benefits, the functionality of ingredients, sustainability and sourcing considerations, more and more. Conversely, Canadian owners of aquaculture & livestock farms require ingredients to help ensure livestock health and well-being, minimize distress and maintain or increase animal production
Pet/Companion animal foods
Launch state-of-the-art pet food products that combine high quality with nutritional value to make pets and their owners happy. Ingredion offers a unique portfolio of ingredient solutions- from starches and gums to pulse flours and fibres that deliver numerous functional benefits in canned, semi-moist, kibble, treats and extruded dry pet food applications.
Partner with Ingredion to:
- Provide nutritional enhancement for dogs, cats and horses.
- Improve functionality, reduce breakage and improve the appearance of your end products.
- Deliver clean label declarations, from pure and simple ingredients to non-GMO and organic.
- Differentiate with grain-free, gluten-free and enhanced nutritional value
Consumption animal feed
“Do the little things well” is a basic mantra while raising livestock. Vital management of the smallest areas of your business can reap big rewards. Reducing animal stress, improving nutrient absorption and lowering feed costs can offset many inherent productivity and profitability risks.
Ingredion provides ingredient and feed solutions with innovative solutions such as corn gluten meal and FORTIFEED® scFOS for enhanced nutrition. Tap into our expertise to help you navigate market volatility and meet your production goals.
- Pulse flours
- Corn Gluten Meal
- Corn Gluten Feed
- Corn germ meal
- Food Grade Polyols
Pet treats and chews
Ingredion’s vast experience with extruded treats and injection-moulded chews keeps you at the forefront of new product launches. We offer specific formulations to meet your requests, so you get the unique and quality starch your product requires.
- We make sure to give you the best products on the market by carefully controlling our development process to ensure the best quality available. When you work with us, you receive the highest research and development standards, excellent product development services, high-quality food and functional ingredients.
- Our line of non-allergenic starch systems will give you allergen-free products to satisfy the most exacting customers.
- Using our potato-based resistant starch which measures at 0.68 kcal/gram, you can reduce the calories without losing pet's love for chews and treats while supporting a healthy weight.
- PENTECH® 933D
- PENTECH® 9800
- Gums (COYOTE BRAND® Agar)